Sunday, June 10, 2012

Red Lobster for 3 for $15 dollars

 People have said that French chefs don't get fat because they work so hard preparing their food.  I hope I'm becoming like that.  That's a bowl of egg whites up there, with peaks!  Yes, beaten by hand.  I may call in sick to care for my sore arm tomorrow!
So, you're broke.  hungry.  need a date with hubby.  what to do?  Make it at home!  So stinking good!  Appetizers, drinks, dessert and delicious coconut shrimp! for less than $15!!!


I didn't make up any of these recipes except the dipping sauce but here's the links to find them.
Stuffed mushrooms
Cheddar Bay biscuits
Coconut Shrimp 
Cheesecake (salad) via my cousin Jessica
1 box cheesecake pudding mix
1 c. milk
whipped cream about 2 cups
1/2 c. berries
1/4 c. sugar
2 T. butter, melted
crushed graham crackers- i used about 8


by the way, these measurements aren't totally accurate. but you can fudge it.  I'm not an exacto chef, I looked at the recipe,  mixed everything  in that order and it tasted fantastic.  If you want exact measurements, google it or call Jessica or something:)


Pina Colada dipping sauce for shrimp
In a food processor mix pineapple (fresh is best) a little cream, coconut and a dash of sugar until it becomes saucy, but not pureed. (This was the same sauce we used on our pineapple upside down waffles a few weeks back).


Have a great cheap date night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment