Monday, June 27, 2011

Joana's See-Ya-Later Party

 Herta made a noodle salad with fresh basil, fresh mozzarella, sun dried tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, salt and noodles.  I've never had fresh mozzarella before, but it was delicious!

 Thomas made this amazing soft cheese spread (I wish I had the recipe).  It was kinda smoky, kinda cream cheesey, kinda muntsterish... whatever it was, it was good.  Also a Bavarian Voosch (sorry, I don't speak German) salad.  It had sausage, onions, pickles and vinegar.  I loved it! 
 I know, I'm weird, I love taking pictures of food.  We also had lots of fruit, meatballs, roast beef, rolls, nutella (one of Joana's favorite things),
 tons of cookies, cupcakes, cake pops, brownies,
 and this weird little marshmallow mouse.  Joana said in Germany, they don't like mice, so they eat them.  I don't get it either:)
Herta's friend made this amazing looking chocolates.  They weren't for us to taste, though. These were a present for Joana's Idaho Grandparents.  I hope when I get to be a Grandma, someone will send me to-pretty-to-eat chocolates.  I'm sure they were tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment