Sunday, December 18, 2011

Thankful

I'm pretty sure I live in the valley of Fourth Nephi.  There are people around me, that do not dispute or cause contention.  This is a prosperous place, and I include myself, even though life isn't perfect.  I have never seen a happier people, ever, in all the lands.  I know that this world has some really huge problems, but my little world is Zion.  Built by the hand of God, manifested by people who possess the love of God and our Savior, Jesus Christ.  I'm a pretty prideful person, but I can be humbled...  I'm going to try really hard to be grateful.  Thankful for the goodness that still thrives in people.  It's there.  

I like having total control of my life.  Recently, I have no control of how nice people are.  If I ran the world, I'm sure it would be full of grumpy, ornery and selfish people.  Thankfully, I don't run the world and it is full of generous, non-judgmental, joyful people who just like to share, and give, and uplift, and encourage.  I'm thankful for my neighbors, friends, and simply good people I don't even know.  I'm thankful that people listen to the promptings God sends to help me.  I know that I am a Daughter of God, and I am not forgotten.  He very carefully watches me, and ensures I have what I need, many times through others.  

My goal now, is to be the people I'm thankful for.  It will be rough, and please don't make fun of me.  I'm will work hard, but listen... I'm totally afraid of approaching people.  Seriously it skyrockets my blood pressure knocking on someones door, to give them a plate of cookies!  I'm thankful for Shane who delivered the 20 something plates last night, and only made me do one.  But, I'm going to listen to my promptings, and maybe, maybe, I'll be able to help someone and learn that it's okay to be nice, and give and serve and love.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment